Part 1: Guest Expert Lauren Roselle stops by HR Latte to talk about the HR and workplace issues surrounding sexual harassment and assault.
HR Latte, episode 113
Series: Harassment and Assault Prevention
“The Legal Definition: Unwanted sexual advances or visual, verbal, or physocal conduct that is of a sexual nature.” – Lauren Roselle
Lauren Roselle is a nationally recognized expert in harassment and assault prevention, having led more than 1,000 workshops. Through her company Esteem, she has reached over 27,000 participants with her lively and enthusiastic teaching style. Lauren’s mission is to empower those around her to walk through the world with less fear and more confidence.
Lauren and Rayanne will address sexual harassment issues in the news today, what has happened at start-ups and tech companies like Uber and how to report, handle, and prevent sexual harassment in the workplace.
Ms. Roselle is offering a discount to listeners who would like to participate in her sexual harassment prevention training, please visit this link at Esteem Communication.
Discussion Points for this episode, Part 1:
- What is sexual harassment in the workplace?
- Type 1: Quid Pro Quo, requires the conduct be unwelcome
- Type 2: Hostile Work Environment, requires the conduct to be unwelcome
- Identifying what the “reasonable” person would consider harassment
- Why some companies are having trouble today
- What can HR do to help address and prevent incidences
- Sexual Harassment is NOT a personal problem, it is a challenge to the entire organization
- Executive Leadership needs to say “We do not allow this behavior.”
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for managers is a necessity
Part 1, Harassment and Assault Prevention – Basics, What HR and Individuals Can / Should Do
Part 2, Harassment and Assault Prevention – Statistics & Personal Experiences
Part 3, Harassment and Assault Prevention, Verbal Assertive Skills & Holding Management Accountable
*Click here for past Episodes 1-66
HRLatte is made possible by:
Dovetail Software delivers web-based solutions & help desk programs that enable organizations to reduce administrative & support costs, diagnose & resolve complex business problems, and increase efficiency, while improving support.
Rayanne loves hosting talk radio and continues to hone this craft in every way possible by creating and hosting several educational and promotional radio shows, hosting & moderating webinars and podcasts, as well as a featured host on intrepid.media.
For more information about how you can use online radio or podcasting to educate your target audience or customer, compliment your marketing efforts, and grow your brand recognition, feel free to message Rayanne on Twitter, LinkedIn, or via email at email@example.com.
Latest posts by Rayanne Thorn (see all)
- Facing Life’s Battles - June 26, 2019
- HR Latte: UNLEASH 19 with the Incomparable China Gorman - May 6, 2019
- HR Latte: Inclusion of the DisABLED in Media with Film Producer Cory Reeder - April 18, 2019