Joined on the show by John Chisholm, CEO of John Chisholm Ventures, and author of Unleash Your Inner Company: Use Passion and Perseverance To Build Your Ideal Business. Learn more about the book here!
Discussion guide from my chat with John Chisholm:
1. You are a 30-year Silicon Valley veteran, and your new book, “Unleash Your Inner Company”, distills that experience into a step-by-step guide that anyone can follow to start their own company. Where do you start?
2. You say that “Different is Better than Better.” What does that mean?
3. You have a chapter called “Growing Your Mind From the Inside Out.” What does that mean?
4. You claim to be able to turn anyone into an innovator. How?
5. STARS methodology.
6. The “inner game” of entrepreneurship.
7. The power of positive thinking.
Find John Chisholm’s book here:
About John Chisholm:
John is CEO of John Chisholm Ventures, a startup advisory, consulting, and angel investing firm in San Francisco. John has three decades of experience as entrepreneur, CEO, and investor. He is the author of the Amazon best-seller, “Unleash Your Inner Company: Use Passion and Perseverance to Build Your Ideal Business” (Greenleaf, October 2015).
A pioneer in online marketing research, he founded and served as CEO/Chairman of Decisive Technology (now part of Google), publisher of the first desktop and client-server software for online surveys. Later, he founded and served as CEO/Chairman of CustomerSat (now part of Confirmit), a leading provider of enterprise feedback management systems. Most recently he has co-founded Pyze, a mobile intelligence provider.
He is a trustee of MIT and of the Santa Fe Institute and immediate-past president and chairman of the worldwide MIT Alumni Association. He is a contributor to Forbes and author or co-author of two US patents.
He holds BS & MS degrees in Electrical Engineering & Computer Science from MIT and an MBA from Harvard Business School. An avid mountain climber, he has summited Mounts Rainier, Shasta, Whitney, St. Helens and live volcanoes in Chile & Indonesia.
Latest posts by Todd Schnick (see all)
- Gregg Thompson: Coaching with character, connection, and conversation - April 28, 2017
- Episode Three – Your Fingerprints Are On Everything - April 26, 2017
- Episode Two – Leadership Is A Skilled Profession - April 19, 2017