Part 4: Guest Josh Berry in a new #KeyPointPodcast series discusses Lack of Speed and How HR can Slow Innovation
HR Latte, episode 90
Series: When HR Kills Innovation Efforts
HR is a core piece of the innovation equation and can make or break your innovation efforts. Econic helps corporations map and execute innovation. After working with many corporations in many different industries, Josh Berry, Co-Founder of Econic has discovered some barriers to successful innovation that have their roots in HR.
In Part 4 of this series, Rayanne and Josh discuss how speed or lack of it can impact how innovation happens. HR is not always a quick-moving department, how can we move past this expected road block to get to the discovery of new ideas and innovation more quickly
Tune in as Josh discusses what he has discovered from his years of consulting and working with HR departments.
Discussion Points for this episode:
- Human Resources is typically risk-averse and slow-moving — how can an HR dept move with alacrity?
- Build, Measure, Learn Cycle (Eric Ries – Lean Start-Up)
- Identifying the riskiest things, measure and move through new ideas
- How HR can look at WHAT they can achieve instead of focusing on HOW.
- What are the right performance measures for an innovative company?
- Innovation Accounting: how to defend innovative initiatives when profitability takes longer
- Quantifiable Innovati0n
- Lean HR – applying the ideas of Lean Start-Up to HR (Dwane Lay)
- How HR can slow down, if necessary
- Speed is Key
*Click here for past Episodes 1-66
HRLatte is made possible by:
Dovetail Software delivers web-based solutions & help desk programs that enable organizations to reduce administrative & support costs, diagnose & resolve complex business problems, and increase efficiency, while improving support.
Rayanne loves hosting talk radio and continues to hone this craft in every way possible by creating and hosting several educational and promotional radio shows, hosting & moderating webinars and podcasts, as well as a featured host on intrepid.media.
For more information about how you can use online radio or podcasting to educate your target audience or customer, compliment your marketing efforts, and grow your brand recognition, feel free to message Rayanne on Twitter, LinkedIn, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.