Joined on the show today by Steve Gold, a leadership consultant and author of a new book called How We Succeed: Making Good Things Happen Through the Power of Smart Experiments. You can learn more about Steve Gold by clicking here.
Discussion guide from my conversation with Steve Gold:
1. “Life is a series of experiments and explorations.”
2. The back story and the research for How We Succeed and the concept of a smart experiment.
3. What exactly does Steve mean by an experiment…
Note: You are doing experiments ALL THE TIME…You just aren’t doing SMART experiments…
4. Why are we doing experiments all the time, every day? Do both individuals AND organizations conduct experiments?
5. What’s the difference between a SMART experiment and a not-so-smart experiment?
6. FINALLY, we discuss how to conduct a SMART EXPERIMENT. And it involves four steps: Design, Decide, De-Risk, and Deliver.
Find Steve’s book here:
About Steve Gold:
Steven K. Gold empowers individuals and organizations using the lessons of entrepreneurial strategy and practice. As Chairman of Gold Global Advisors, he advises clients throughout the United States, Europe, Middle East and Asia. Steve began his career as an entrepreneur. He started and successfully exited several ventures in the fields of biotechnology, software, mobile mapping and intellectual property. He was then invited to teach entrepreneurship, first as Senior Partner for Entrepreneurship at Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering, and later as Professor of Entrepreneurship Practice at Babson Global.
Steve has taught entrepreneurial strategy and practice to audiences around the world. Steve is the author of Entrepreneur’s Notebook: Practical Advice for Starting a New Business Venture (2006) and How We Succeed: Making Good Things Happen through the Power of Smart Experiments (2016). He’s an expert on the behavioral science of sustainable success who helps leaders and organizations compete most effectively in today’s global environment.
Latest posts by Todd Schnick (see all)
- Episode Two – Leadership Is A Skilled Profession - April 19, 2017
- Bob Glazer: The past, present, and future of affiliate marketing - April 14, 2017
- Episode One – Introduction To The Realities of Leadership - April 12, 2017