Joined on the show today by Ron Wallace, former delivery driver and retired president of UPS International, and author of the new book, Leadership Lessons From a UPS Driver: Delivering a Culture of We, not Me. You can learn more about Ron Wallace and his book by clicking here!
Discussion guide from my conversation with Ron Wallace:
1. There are a lot of leadership books, so why did we need one teaching lessons about the UPS way?
2. Working at UPS gave him a PHD in teamwork and accountability…
3. “A view from the front lines…” What any true leader needs.
4. A focus on people, NOT business plans.
5. CLICK HERE to learn your Leadership IQ! What is Leadership IQ, and why do you need to know YOUR score?
6. Isn’t everyone a leader? Even if you are just leading YOURSELF?
7. Understanding that the process of working on your leadership skills NEVER ends.
8. A successful organization needs its own unique business culture. We all understand this. But HOW do you actually build one? And how do you improve it?
About Ron Wallace:
Ron Wallace knows something about hard work and leadership. Over a career of four decades, he went from a UPS driver to the president of UPS International, where he was responsible for the operations of UPS in more than 200 countries and led more than 60,000 employees.
Now, in his new book, Leadership Lessons from a UPS Driver: Delivering a Culture of We, Not Me, he is pulling back the curtain on UPS’s company culture of “we, not me,” and the principles written by the original UPS founders that have guided the success of the company for the past century.
The book describes how UPS inspired generations of motivated employees, and teaches leaders at any level how to build strong, unified teams and successfully weather the inevitable storms that come with running an organization. This straightforward, simple style of leadership provides a blueprint for individuals or companies to build on their past successes, sharpen their leadership skills and successfully adapt to future challenges.
Find Ron Wallace’s book here: