Welcome to Episode 05 of Be A Game Changer: Owning The Present! Take action to win the game of business and life! A series that provides the light, the path, and your map to a better future!
Discussion guide from Episode 05: Owning The Present:
1. First, Bill reminds us what does it even means to be a game changer: Game changers influence results, and the game of business and life is different simply because they are there and engaged…
2. What does Bill mean by “owning the present?”
3. The present is ALL WE HAVE…but too many people are anchored in the past. And as a result, they can never actually get to the future…
4. Focused on the future means you are operating from fear. Focused on the past and you are operating with regret. They only time is NOW.
5. “Owning the present is the ONLY way to INFLUENCE the future.” How does that actually work?
6. You can only build a future through efforts in the PRESENT.
7. You have to know where you want to go, so that you can do the essential work in the present to get there…
8. The past can only give us excuses…
9. Fear distracts us from owning the present.
10. Only when you face your fear can you possibly own the present. You have to embrace your fear…
11. What does confidence have with owning the present?
12. Without a vision, you don’t know how to operate in your present.
13. Importance of awareness…and how do we improve that skill set?
14. You cannot be happy if you aren’t fully engaged in your present.
15. “Are you the kind of person you’d want to hang out with?”
16. “Stop looking in your rearview mirror…”
17. Belief is important, for, you cannot own the present without belief.
18. To be in the present, make it personal and authentic. You aren’t present if you aren’t authentic…
19. If you are a game changer, it is ALL personal.
20. You have the power to make things happen. And the present is the ONLY to wield that power…
21. Continued daily learning still matters to owning the present.
22. The role of meditation plays in owning the present…
About the co-host, Bill Wooditch:
Bill is a keynote speaker and peak-performance business training coach. He is a mentor and advocate for those who actively seek and are determined to make a difference in their lives and the lives of others.
He began his career with $200 to his name, a suitcase, one corduroy suit and two ties. Retreat wasn’t an option; there was only one way – Always Forward! His purpose, energy and conviction fueled his meteoric sales success. In two years, he “found a way and made a way” to become the top salesperson at Liberty Mutual – a company employing over 19,000 people at the time. Ready for the “next challenge”, he was recruited by and joined the 6th largest broker in the world, Corroon & Black (currently the Willis Group), where, for two consecutive years, he earned the distinction as the top producer in the company.
Today, he is the founder, CEO, and president of The Wooditch Group, a privately held risk management and insurance services firm. The Wooditch Group provides client-centric solutions and comprehensive risk management programs for domestic and international clients whose revenues range from $10 million to over $3 billion. He is also the founder of Think Next, Act Now!, a company that trains and mentors tomorrow’s entrepreneur today.
He earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology at Purdue University and his Master’s degree in Public Administration at Penn State.
You can find Bill’s book here:
This series is made possible by:
“Think Next, Act Now” is an entrepreneurial movement. It is a teaching platform, a coaching forum that emphasizes action, and the link between thought and action makes a difference in the outcome you determine or the result that is determined for you.
When you see, seize, and create opportunity for yourself, you take a BIG step toward becoming recession proof, and changing your life.
If you are determined to make a change in your life — “Think Next, Act Now” will provide the essential toolkit to move your life forward!
Only realized potential cashes the check of reality! Now is the time to realize your potential – Think Next, Act Now and go “Always Forward!”
Latest posts by Todd Schnick (see all)
- Tom Peters: The Excellence Dividend: The Interview! - May 21, 2018
- Simon Sinek: Playing the infinite game - April 6, 2018
- 10 alternatives to thinking outside the box - March 15, 2018