Joined on the show today by Tim Matthews, the Vice President of Marketing for Incapsula!
Discussion guide from my conversation with Tim Matthews:
1. Sales vs. marketing.
2. And why there needs to be a healthy tension between the two!
3. Need to get from CAN’t to CAN IF…
4. What’s it like running a marketing team at a high-growth cloud software company? What are the challenges?
5. Give us a sense of what’s really going on these days in Silicon Valley?
6. You write a lot about marketers from the past, in one case from the 1800’s. Why?
7. What’s one marketing development you are really excited about?
8. What drove you to write “The Professional Marketer”? And what’s this I hear it had something to do with your wife’s being a chef?
About Tim Matthews:
Tim Matthews is VP of marketing at cloud service Incapsula and author of The Professional Marketer.
Tim was born in New York City and grew up in a nearby leafy suburb before taking the long route to Silicon Valley through Tokyo. He has worked in high tech for twenty years and managed marketing teams at six companies. When not writing or poring over marketing texts, he golfs, crosswords, and tries to keep up with his wife on a standup paddleboard. He has long wondered which is harder: crossing the chasm or a 200 yard carry over a water hazard.
You can find Tim Matthews’ book here:
Latest posts by Todd Schnick (see all)
- Episode Three – Your Fingerprints Are On Everything - April 26, 2017
- Episode Two – Leadership Is A Skilled Profession - April 19, 2017
- Bob Glazer: The past, present, and future of affiliate marketing - April 14, 2017