Joined on the show today by Rick Tiemann, President of The Executive Group, and author of Developing World Class Leaders: The Ultimate Guide to Leadership Development.
Discussion guide from my conversation with Rick Tiemann:
1. Why do the vast majority of leadership programs fail?
2. We discuss how great leadership is related to emotional intelligence.
3. Rick shares his opinions on the standard way we assess leaders (performance reviews, peer-to-peer, assessment reviews). Do they work? Should they even be used?
4. Rick shares a different way to assess leaders!
5. What are the best ways to invest in staff, and why that’s one of the most important tasks an organization can undertake.
6. Training vs. Development
7. We discuss Three Dimensional Leadership and its impact on organizations.
You can find Rick Tiemann’s book here:
About Rick Tiemann:
Rick Tiemann started The Executive Group in 1991 and works with companies in the areas of organizational and business development. His expertise is on developing organizational effectiveness through employee selection and development with a targeted focus on sales and leadership. His experience in mergers and acquisitions including turnarounds and employee integration make him a sought after consultant to organizations preparing for or in the midst of implementing change.
With over 40 years of business experience including having owned three businesses, Rick has worked in both national and international arenas and has held positions of Director of Sales and Marketing, VP of Sales, Asian Business Development Manager, and President of a 75 million dollar company in the fire and security industry.
He brings a unique mix of sales and business expertise along with a deep understanding of personality and performance potential to his practice. Over the past 24 years he has interpreted more than 12,000 16PF assessments.
Rick is also an accomplished Executive and Behavioral Coach and uses his insight into behavior to assist CEO’s, Sales and Operations Managers, and business owners in their professional development.
Latest posts by Todd Schnick (see all)
- Episode Two – Leadership Is A Skilled Profession - April 19, 2017
- Bob Glazer: The past, present, and future of affiliate marketing - April 14, 2017
- Episode One – Introduction To The Realities of Leadership - April 12, 2017