Part 1: Melissa Dobbins and Her Quest to Remove Bias in Hiring
Founder and CEO of Career.Place
A little more about Melissa Dobbins:
-Understanding the problem is not enough
-She and Co-Founder Gabe Gurman created a radical approach to solving bias in hiring
-Career.Place introduces anonymity to the application process
-Her quest to level the playing field
Melissa joins Rayanne to discuss these points:
- How Career.Place came about?
- Her “obsessive need” to solve the problem of bias in hiring
- On being a Female Tech CEO
- “Always respect other people and what they bring to the table.”
- Harnessing Diversity
- Why Diversity is important
- Removing Bias is not just something we do to just feel good
- Removing Bias and Bringing in the right people keeps organizations healthy
Today’s HR Latte is made possible by:
Introducing a Talent Evaluation Solution like no other. Welcome to hiring reinvented: smart, efficient, accurate, meaningful. Welcome to career.place.
HR Latte is supported by:
Dovetail Software delivers help desk SaaS to enable reduction of administrative & support costs and diagnose & resolve complex HR problems to increase efficiency while improving support.
Latest posts by Rayanne Thorn (see all)
- HR Latte: “My New Job Hunt” with David Perry - February 5, 2019
- HR Latte: AI-driven Talent Analytics from “Talentegy” for Recruiting & Talent Management - August 28, 2018
- HR Latte: How Efficiency will Affect Hiring with Visage.Jobs - July 12, 2018