Welcome to Episode Four of The Realities of Leadership: Are You Enlightened Enough To Lead Today?
Discussion guide from The Realities of Leadership, Episode Four:
1. Do modern leaders know what really matters today? “As a leader, am I created an culture that my people want to experience?”
2. “Enlightened leaders are connected leaders…they are engaged participants.”
3. A leader’s personal speed vs. the modern speed of business!
4. Are modern leaders embracing the new challenges (and opportunities) to leading today?
5. Leaders that are NOT enlightened to these issues are at risk…or whom don’t like the democratized workplace.
6. The emotional intelligence side of leadership, and the personal side, is an important stretch for leaders as well…
7. What are your team’s expectations of you? Do you know? Do you care about their career progression?
8. “We no longer have a war on talent. We now have a puzzle…” What does talent, work ethic, and performance really look like?
9. One of the reasons people leave a job is only because they are working for an unenlightened leader…
10. How do you know that you are NOT an enlightened leader? Obviously, if you are not seeking (or getting) feedback, you are not enlightened…
About our host, Erica Peitler:
Erica is a Leadership Performance Coach who courageously partners with individuals, teams and organizations who want to realize their visions of success by transforming their leadership potential into visible, on the ground, breakthrough leadership performance!
With an engaging, provocative and straight forward approach, Erica inspires leaders to reach beyond their comfort level as they pursue becoming the performance based leaders they aspire to be in both their professional and personal life.
As a keynote speaker and author, Erica educates, entertains and enlightens audiences on leadership, transformational change and professional/personal growth initiatives.
Find Erica Peitler’s book here:
The essence of Leadership Rigor is creating change-ready leaders who can embrace challenges because they have the tools, models, and language to assess, structure, and facilitate aligned actions. They also have the mindset and emotional skills to lean into the change process despite its uncomfortable nature. By innovating on their preparedness first, these change-ready leaders are equipped to realize the growth in themselves and in their teams or organizations. Are you ready to take on your personal journey of Leadership Rigor?
Series co-host Todd Schnick is the Editor-In-Chief of intrepid.MEDIA and a media and content strategist. A former marketing strategist, lobbyist, and national political operative, Todd now lives and works in the Chicago Loop with his family. He is a writer, foodie, bibliophile, distance runner, and nearly full-time dog mom.
This series recorded LIVE from our Merchandise Mart studios in Chicago, Illinois! (Click on photo below for history of our studios!)
Latest posts by Todd Schnick (see all)
- Tom Peters: The Excellence Dividend: The Interview! - May 21, 2018
- Simon Sinek: Playing the infinite game - April 6, 2018
- 10 alternatives to thinking outside the box - March 15, 2018