Joined on the show today by Lori Cheek: Architect turned Entrepreneur, Founder and CEO of Cheekd, a hyper-speed mobile dating app that makes missed connections obsolete. Lori, a Shark Tank Veteran, was recently listed as “The Digital Dating Disruptor” and “One of the Top 10 CEOs to Watch.”
Discussion guide from my conversation with Lori Cheek:
1. Ignore the naysayers.
2. “NEVER miss a connection.”
3. Hyper-local engagement.
4. Real-time veres virtual time.
5. How is Lori building a user base.
6. We talk technology and her development team.
7. Lessons learned from her appearance on Shark Tank.
8. Advice on how to successfully bootstrap a startup.
9. How Lori deals with customer feedback.
10. Advice for new and current startup founders.
11. Taking the leap a faith, and how to deal with that fear.
More about Cheekd, from their website:
Cheekd reimagines online dating with a new app that makes missed connections obsolete. Cheekd uses a cross-platform low energy Bluetooth technology, which fosters hyper local engagement. The app connects people in real time, versus virtual time. Connections begin in person; Cheekd helps you take the next step and continue the conversation online.
Cheekd ensures you ‘Never Miss a Connection’; thanks to this new Bluetooth technology, the app works on the train; on a plane…anywhere—You’ll get a notification if someone who meets your criteria is within 30 feet of you. If you’re near a potential spark, Cheekd makes sure you know about it.
Latest posts by Todd Schnick (see all)
- Episode Six: Leading Organizations, Diagnosing Your Business Lifecyle and Establishing Your Leadership Role Clarity - February 22, 2017
- Kit Cummings: Seek first to understand before achieving progress - February 21, 2017
- Neil Berman: Results-driven email marketing - February 20, 2017