Part 3: Guest Catherine Mattice, in this #KeyPointPodcast series discusses Workplace Bullying in Higher Education
HR Latte, episode 97
Series: Bullying in the Workplace
The Cost of Workplace Bullying:
“The American Psychological Association estimates that is costs businesses
$300 Billon annually. Ask yourselves,
how much time and money have we really spent dealing with this?”
– Catherine Mattice, Civility Partners
This series touches on what can be done about Workplace Bullying, why it happens, and how to change or alter this destructive behavior. Businesses today are becoming more mindful of corporate wellness and the impact this type of behavior and other employee issues can have on overall company success.
Catherine Mattice is the co-author of Back Off! Your Kick-Ass Guide to Ending Bullying at Work – her expertise and research allow her to present and speak on this topic all over the world. As a former HR Practitioner, Catherine is well-positioned to understand and assist this on-going issue that is not confined to the school yard.
In this episode, we discuss the impact of Bullying in Higher Education and how HR professionals and staff can stave off bullying and take control this issue.
Students bully instructors in Higher Ed: “Bullying emails from students – they love to threaten they will go to the dean.” – Catherine Mattice
Learn more from Catherine at Civility Partners about #WorkplaceBullying
Discussion Points for this episode:
- The Costs of Bullying
- How Tenured employees have impact on Higher Ed Workplace Bullying
- Students who bully staff
- A culture of negativity and how that impacts the staff
- Cyber bullying – makes bullying much more relentless
- The Types of Bullying on Campus
- Tenure: Does NOT mean they are not able to be fired?
- Advice: Let staff know that you cannot address what you are not aware of
*Click here for past Episodes 1-66
HRLatte is made possible by:
Dovetail Software delivers web-based solutions & help desk programs that enable organizations to reduce administrative & support costs, diagnose & resolve complex business problems, and increase efficiency, while improving support.
Rayanne loves hosting talk radio and continues to hone this craft in every way possible by creating and hosting several educational and promotional radio shows, hosting & moderating webinars and podcasts, as well as a featured host on intrepid.media.
For more information about how you can use online radio or podcasting to educate your target audience or customer, compliment your marketing efforts, and grow your brand recognition, feel free to message Rayanne on Twitter, LinkedIn, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Rayanne Thorn (see all)
- HR Latte: “My New Job Hunt” with David Perry - February 5, 2019
- HR Latte: AI-driven Talent Analytics from “Talentegy” for Recruiting & Talent Management - August 28, 2018
- HR Latte: How Efficiency will Affect Hiring with Visage.Jobs - July 12, 2018