Joined on the show today by Geoff Wilson, the president and CEO of 352 Inc.
About 352 Inc: Their passion is turning great ideas into compelling websites, apps and software. They build dedicated teams around every client to get you to market quickly, so that they can learn, iterate and grow your audience.
Discussion guide from my conversation with Geoff Wilson:
1. Corporate Innovation: 352’s approach to digital product development via agile methodologies.
2. Lean Startup mentality: prototype to successful product.
3. “Barely manage to lead…”
4. We discuss The Enterprise Entrepreneurship Series at Tech Square Labs for corporate innovators.
5. We discuss “Traction Marketing,” aka lean principles applied to marketing.
6. Geoff shares a few SCRUM/UX best practices.
7. We discuss the upcoming 352inc annual Hackathon, which will take place around August/September of 2016.
About Geoff Wilson:
President and Founder of 352 Inc., Geoff Wilson is a tech entrepreneur, investor and mentor who found his passion for business at an early age. After starting a successful computer store in high school, Geoff began building websites in his college fraternity house room and 352 Inc. was born. 17 years later, his digital product development agency has grown to more than 85 employees with offices in Atlanta, Tampa and Gainesville, FL.
As 352 grew, Geoff began to focus on the powerful impact of lean and agile methodologies. Geoff implemented these principles into 352 by reorganizing the agency into cross-functional teams and turning managers into servant leaders. Free to focus on a single project at a time, his teams’ quality of work, productivity and morale dramatically increased. Good client relationships became great ones, and 352 began down a path of unprecedented growth. Geoff calls his management philosophy “Barely Manage to Lead” and speaks at conferences about how this approach can improve any type of business.
Geoff and his wife, Kim Wilson, also have built and sold a highly successful digital product, SocialNewsDesk. SocialNewsDesk is an online social media management platform for newsrooms, and is currently being used by 85% of the television newsrooms in the United States to manage their social presence. SocialNewsDesk was acquired in 2014 by a Fortune 500 company, Graham Holdings.
Geoff’s success lead him to be named one of America’s Top 30 Young Entrepreneurs by INC Magazine, and the University of Florida Warrington College of Business’ Entrepreneur of the Year.
Latest posts by Todd Schnick (see all)
- Tom Peters: The Excellence Dividend: The Interview! - May 21, 2018
- Simon Sinek: Playing the infinite game - April 6, 2018
- 10 alternatives to thinking outside the box - March 15, 2018