Joined in studio by behavioural strategist Dr. Max McKeown, author of the new book #NOW: The Surprising Truth About the Power of Now.
Discussion guide from my conversation with Dr. Max McKeown:
1. Why did you decide to write your new book? How did you get interested in the subject of nowists and nowism?
2. What is a Nowist mindset? How can we spot different kinds of Nowist and Thenist?
3. You say that its only worth paying the “right pain for the right gain”, can you explain more?
4. How can we learn to ride stress like a mule? How can we use the energy of life to keep moving forward?
5. What do Nowists need at work? And from their leaders?
6. What’s the link between Nowism, Strategy and Innovation?
7. Psychology of moving forward, and some of the research behind it.
You can find Max McKeown’s book here:
About Max McKeown:
DR. MAX MCKEOWN is the author of #NOW, The Strategy Book, winner of the Commuter Read at the Chartered Management Institute Book of the Year 2013 and Amazon’s Best Business Books of 2012. He is also author of The Innovation Book, Adaptability: The Art of Winning in an Age of Uncertainty, and four other books. He works as a strategic coach with Fortune 100 companies and is also a popular keynote speaker at conferences worldwide. He is a member of the British Psychological Society. He has an MBA and PhD from Warwick Business School.
Latest posts by Todd Schnick (see all)
- Rick Wong: The five abilities you need to win lifelong customers - June 3, 2017
- Jay Bailey: Build as you climb - May 25, 2017
- Episode Seven – The Leadership Journey Never Ends - May 24, 2017